Do you have chronic dry eyes? Do your eyes ever burn? You might be suffering from this because of your extreme usage of screens. Social media is so popular these days that you might spend hours a day staring at a screen. Listen up!! I know, I know, this sounds like some kind of commercial. But I’m not trying to sell you anything!! It is a matter of becoming educated about the matter. Here is a website that might can give you some more information on the topic that very few are talking about: http://www.allaboutvision.com/cvs/irritated.htm.
Some of the tips listed on this site are as follows:
- Get a better screen! LCD screens are way better on the eyes. If your job requires you to sit and stare at a screen all day long, this might be an investment worth the money!
- Adjust your screen settings. Set your screen to warmer tones. Cool tones require more eye strain.
- BLINK! Blink more often!!! Close your eyes for more than a few seconds every ten minutes to lubricate them.
- Exercise your eyes. Look at something far away every few minutes and focus in on it.
- Most of all – TAKE A BREAK!! Avoid looking at a screen during your lunch break. Your iPhone can wait!!!
It is important that we follow these tips to avoid damaging our eyes in the future. This is the first generation of avid computer users, so we might find in fifty years that we are all going blind because of it!!! Be careful, and be sure to listen to the above tips. Another site I found was this: http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Getting-Dry-Eyes-from-the-Computer. It suggested to back up your screen and enlarge your letters slightly.
Good luck protecting your eyes!!!!